Some flavor combinations just click perfectly whenever they are together and these Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are a good example. Bacon, cauliflower and buffalo sauce are combined in these super easy to prepare, low carb appetizers that will be an S for Trim Healthy Mama’s.
I should note that I tried marinating and wrapping small turnips and radishes as well as the cauliflower with mixed success. I just didn’t care for the taste and texture of the turnip – it was really cute and potato looking though, drat it all. We did like the radish a lot; just not as well as the cauliflower and it takes longer to cook than the cauli version, so be sure and remember to cook them longer if you sub radishes, because they are a lot better when well roasted.
This dish can only be improved by adding a great ranch dressing for dipping. If you don’t have a favorite ranch or even if you want to try something a little different try mine! I call it My Best Ranch Dressing Ever!
I adapted this recipe from a pinterest recipe that I found and subbed cauliflower for another veggie that to make it low carb. I also turned up the spices a little to compensate for the stronger taste of cauliflower and it worked perfectly the first time!
This is my second cauliflower and buffalo sauce recipe and I don’t expect it to be the last because I love these flavors. Besides this recipe for Bacon Wrapped Buffalo Veggies I also posted a Loaded Buffalo Chicken No Tato Casserole which is a big hit whenever I serve it.
For all my latest recipes and more be sure and follow me on:
Watch for affiliate links in this post and if you’re needing to order anything please consider using it. Clicking on these links costs you nothing extra, but the company will reimburse me a very small amount to help me keep creating and sharing these free recipes.
To make this recipe you will need
24 cauliflower florets – these can be separated with a knife if they don’t separate naturally into a small piece about the size of a small potato or average radish – be sure and remove the stems completely for ease of wrapping
12 strips bacon, medium thick – sliced in half
3 Tbsp Frank’s buffalo wing hot sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
Foil lined baking sheet- browns better than parchment
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Affiliate Amazon Links:
See below for printable recipe and instructions.
- 24 cauliflower florets (or small radishes)
- 12 strips bacon, medium thick - sliced in half
- 3 Tbsp Frank's hot sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Foil lined baking sheet- browns better than parchment
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place veggie pieces in a plastic zip bag and add the hot sauce, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Toss to coat well.
- I have left these in the bag for several hours or even overnight before wrapping and baking them, but I've also cooked them right away, I prefer to let them sit a while though.
- Place the veggie piece at the very end of a ½ strip of bacon, pulling it around to overlap and secure underneath or with a toothpick. Lay them on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 45 min. or until the veggies are tender and then bacon is crisp. Let cool slightly and serve.
- It is important that you roast these at 375 or 380 if using an electric oven or the bacon will be done but not beautifully brown as shown.