I set out to recreate a real Peppermint Mocha syrup for flavoring lattes, that happened to be sugar free, and far surpassed my own expectations with this one! So give this Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Syrup a try and you’ll be making your own sugar free syrup creations in no time.
I came up with this syrup for my daughter last year and it looks like it might become a perennial favorite on my old blog so I’m moving it over to the new one. Stay tuned for a sugar free latte syrup roundup coming to this blog soon! This will include my Pumpkin Spice, Mock Cinnamon Dolce, Salted Caramel Mocha, Tiramisu and Mock Gingerbread Spice syrups.
In addition to this Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Syrup I have many other flavors available including the Mock Cinnamon Dolce, Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup, Salted Caramel Mocha, Mock Gingerbread Latte, Tiramisu Smoothie, the Iced Caramel Macchiato and and I rounded them all up a few months ago when I posted Sugar Free Coffee House Syrups.
To receive all my latest recipes as they are posted just be sure and leave your e-mail address in the field on the top left of this post. I LOVE to get your comments on this blog or you can reach me on my FB Page. Also be sure and “like” my page there and follow on Pinterest. Oh and also I have a new account for Instagram so click over and follow me there also if you’d like.
Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Syrup
1 8 oz. cup of your own delicious freshly ground coffee
– Or- if you’re out and about
Your favorite plain coffee shop coffee (Americano) in a 12 oz cup or with room at the top for a total of 1/3 cup combined syrup and cream plus you can sometimes get unsweetened whipped cream on the side to drizzle extra syrup on top. This recipe makes 4 servings.
Sugar Free Peppermint Mocha Syrup
1/2 cup Gentle Sweet or 1/4 cup Truvia blend
1/8 tsp of xanthan gum, continue to whisk it until no lumps remain.
1 dash of celtic sea salt (don’t forget the salt it cuts the stevia)
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa and whisk-whisk again, you don’t want any lumps here.
If enjoying this at home add a tablespoon of THM’s whey powder or collagen protein and a tsp MCT oil in a blender/processor with the coffee before adding in the syrups (the protein powder should dissolve without it, but the mixer will emulsify the mct oil). No other sweeteners are needed, of course! In fact, these syrups are essentially designed for the strong coffee house coffees, so after you make your first batch you may be able to cut back on the sweeteners in the recipe which will allow you to still use the 1/4 cup measure per cup of coffee but with less sweetness. (I haven’t done this, I like the minty hot chocolate flavor, just a thought.)
- 1 cup hot water (not boiling)
- Whisk in
- 1/2 cup Gentle Sweet or 1/4 cup Truvia blend
- 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum, continue to whisk it until no lumps remain.
- 1 dash of celtic sea salt (don't forget the salt it cuts the stevia)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa and whisk-whisk again, you don't want any lumps here.
- 1/3 -1/2 teaspooons pure peppermint extract
- 1 8 oz. cup of your own delicious freshly ground coffee
- - Or- if you're out and about
- Your favorite plain coffee shop coffee (Americano) in a 12 oz cup or with room at the top for a total of 1/3 cup combined syrup and cream plus you can sometimes get unsweetened whipped cream on the side to drizzle extra syrup on top. This recipe makes 4 servings.
- Remember for each 8 oz of coffee you need to add up to 1/4 cup of the peppermint chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons or more of cream for S If you would like it to be FP just add 2 tablespoons half and half instead of the cream and be sure and add protein if it's a snack with no other protein source. Enjoy your guilt free drink peppermint mocha!