What do you get when you cross a cup of hot milk chocolate with strong coffee and flavor it with the warming spices of cinnamon, orange, rum flavor plus a hint of vanilla and sweeten it to perfection then whip in a delicately flavored collagen protein? Why you get a Sugar Free Tiramisu Mocha Latte of course!
This is my hands down favorite of all coffee drinks! I really call it my Christmas Spiced Hot Chocolate Coffee but went ahead and dubbed it Tiramisu since I have included all the flavorings from my very popular original blended Tiramisu Smoothie.
I make each drink separately so no syrup for this one, because I wanted these intricate flavors to be very distinct, and they are they ever! Trim Healthy Mama’s this drink is a rich S if you follow the instructions for a low carb dessert drink, but by replacing the cream with 2 tablespoons of half and half and using plenty of protein like the collagen protein or other on plan why protein powder you can easily create a nice large nourishing FP snack from this drink if you wish.
My sugar free coffee drinks range from hot to cold; blended to iced; some made with a latte syrup and some not. Most are adaptable to either S or FP so here’s a list of links to help you navigate. The Iced Mock Cinnamon Dolce , Iced Cafe Caramel Macchiato and the Blended Tiramisu that are served cold. The Pumpkin Spice and Mock Gingerbread Spice are made from latte syrups which each also make a good base for a wintry eggnog. And when the weather starts to turn really cold you can reach for the hot Peppermint Mocha and Caramel Mocha latte syrups; these two will warm your heart. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
To receive all my latest recipes as they are posted be sure and leave your e-mail address in the field on the top left of this post. You can also leave comments on this blog or reach me for easier access on my FB Page. Also be sure and “like” my page there and follow on Pinterest. Oh and also I have a new account for Instagram so click over and follow me there too if you’d like.
Watch out for Affiliate Links in and around this post and please use them if you need to order anything it will help me with the upkeep of this blog! Thanks a bunch.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream for *S (or 2 tablespoons half and half for fP snack)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons collagen protein
- 2 tablespoons Gentle Sweet or 1 tablespoon Truvia or Pyure (do this to taste it's a dessert drink)
- 2 tsp high quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp rum flavoring
- 1/4 tsp pure orange extract
- 1 cup strong, high quality, hot coffee
- Heat the almond milk and cream or half and half briefly till just hot (don't boil). Whisk in the protein, sweetener, cinnamon and cocoa powder till lumps are gone, I really like to use a frothier for this purpose but whisk briskly if using a whisk.
- Add in the flavorings and extracts. Combine the coffee and milk plus the flavorings in a large mug. If in S (low carb mode) top with whipping cream and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon powder for garnish.